The first Supersapiens wearable device designed specifically for athletes has arrived in the form of a wrist reader.
The Energy Band syncs directly with the Abbott Libre Sense Glucose Sport Biosensor via Bluetooth and displays minute-by-minute glucose data. It’s the first and only wearable device that can read sport glucose data directly from Abbott’s Libre Sense.
Supersapiens Founder and CEO Phil Southerland explains the new product further: “Supersapiens is dedicated to empowering athletes to maximize their training and increase performance gains with well-fuelled workouts. Real-time glucose visibility, available at a glance, is an industry-first for sports performance.”
“This is one more step forward to fully integrating the Supersapiens energy management system in all athletes’ training — to help them effectively manage fueling to sustain high-intensity work and go faster longer.”
The Supersapiens Energy Band features:
- Real-time visibility – the interface displays current glucose values. By tapping on the side, athletes can see stats, including daily glucose exposure and tracking against their daily goal.
- Direct Bridge – it connects directly to Abbott’s biosensor, giving athletes the convenience of wearable access to their real-time glucose data.
- Speedy charging – it fully recharges in about 3 hours and runs off a lithium ion battery.
- Small but mighty – it fits on the athlete’s wrist and securely straps to the handlebars with its sweat-resistant fluoroelastomer band.
- Easy to read – the band’s 8 colour memory in pixel LCD display with backlight module allows for several options, including an always on display, allowing for reading at night or in sunlight.
- Workout-proof – designed to handle a rainstorm, swim, or workout, the Supersapiens Energy Band is water-resistant up to 50 meters (5ATM).
Supersapiens co-founder and president Todd Furneaux elaborates: “Providing an athlete with visibility to their glucose levels can help them understand the efficacy of their nutrition choices, fuel appropriately, avoid fatigue from low glucose events, and know when to replenish during training and competition. This translates into more fueled training minutes, which provides bigger performance gains.”
The Energy Band is the latest product from Supersapiens that furthers its mission of providing athletes with meaningful and actionable glucose data through real-time glucose levels transmitted directly to their phone, Supersapiens Energy Band, and select Garmin bike computers and smartwatches.