This is all you need to know from the world of women’s cycling to get your week started
- Glasgow and Scotland will host the inaugural UCI Cycling World Championships in 2023. The event will span two weeks and bring together 13 UCI World Championships disciplines. It will be held every four years, starting from 2023. Disciplines include: road, para-cycling, track, para-cycling track, MTB cross-country, MTB downhill, MTB marathon, MTB cross country eliminator, trials, BMX freestyle park, BMX world, indoor cycling, gran fondo.
- Just days after announcing that the race was cancelled, the organisers of the GP de Plouay have confirmed that the event has been saved, after a television broadcast deal was secured. The race will be held on 30 August.
- Trek and Trek-Segafredo have named Kathryn Bertine as their Ambassador for Equality in Cycling. The retired professional rider, who is now an author, activist, and documentary filmmaker, will work with the brand to make cycling a more inclusive sport for women at every level.
- New blogger Sophie Wright reflects on last season, her crash at the British cyclo-cross national championships, an eye-opening “training holiday,” and her love of road racing.
- Did you catch Ella Harris’ blog on how the Zwift Academy helped her to become the pro rider that she is today? Or want to get exclusive insight from Giorgia Bronzini into what it’s like to make the transition from top rider to Sports Director?
Voxwomen announcements and events
- The response to our Zwift VoxTour has been absolutely overwhelming! If you haven’t yet taken advantage of your opportunity to get involved, don’t despair! Check out this amazing opportunity to ride Stage 4 with Ashleigh Moolman Pasio this Monday or Tuesday, or Stage 5 with Leah Thorvilson this Wednesday or Thursday. It’s an experience that’s not to be missed! Plus, you can unlock an exclusive Voxwomen jersey, designed by Iris Slappendel, or buy the real thing right here.
- Get your diaries ready, because Sunday 16 June marks the return of the Voxwomen Big Day Out! We’re incredibly excited to bring you an exclusive opportunity to join a 48-mile guided ride in the picturesque New Forest with Dani Rowe, Elena Cecchini and Sophie Wright. These three stars of the pro peloton will also be available for expert advice, tips, coaching and a Q&A Session. Plus you’ll also enjoy full on-road support from Brother Cycling. Places are limited, so get in quick! Tickets are only £40, so head over to our online store to get yours now. And if you fancy afternoon tea with the riders, plus exclusive access to the luxury spa facilities at the Harbour Hotel, why not buy yourself a premium ticket for just £65 by clicking here.
This week in cycling history…
- Sunday 10th February is the birthday of Pauline Ferrand-Prevot. In 2015, the French rider became the first person ever to simultaneously hold the road, cyclo-cross and mountain bike world titles, a feat which she accomplished when she was just 23 years old.
Shop Voxwomen and insider specials
- Want to show your love for Voxwomen? It couldn’t be any easier than heading over to our online store, where you’ll find a fantastic range of quality cycling clothing and accessories.