Get your week started with the latest news in women’s cycling:
- The Colorado Classic has been cancelled, but the organisers will continue to support women’s cycling through fundraising efforts and a virtual ride to benefit the women’s teams that would have participated this year.
- The organisers of the 2020 Pan-American cyclocross championships, originally scheduled to be held in Fayetteville, Arkansas, have cancelled the event. It is hoped that the race can return in 2021 after attaining UCI designation.
- The UCI has released an updated version of the guidelines for restarting the season, outlining the measures to be taken by teams and organisers to make the races as safe as possible.
- The competition schedules, including those for cycling, for the Tokyo Olympics have been updated.
- British Cycling has submitted its action plan to government for the return of cycling events. The organisation hopes to phase in events from August 1, after four months without events. Among other suggestions, the plan lists hygiene measures and test-and-trace procedures. Dates for the start of competitive and non-competitive events have not been set yet. The plan will be published shortly for public comment.
- Mieke Docx of Doltcini-Van Eyck Sport-Proximus won at Zolder.
- Stine Borgli of FDJ Nouvelle Aquitaine Futuroscope won the first and second stages of the Tour de Fjells in Norway. Amalie Lutro of High Products-Birk Sport took second on both stages while her teammate Ingrid Lorvik took third on both days. Lorvik won the third stage ahead of Borgli and Lutro.
- The fifth stage of the virtual Tour de France was won by Ashleigh Moolman Pasio (CCC-Liv) ahead of Sarah Gigante and Lauren Stephens, both of Team Tibco-Silicon Valley Bank. Stage Six was won by Lauren Stephens, with April Tacey (Drops) in second, and Georgia Simmerling (Team TWENTY20) in third. The final standings after all six stages were topped by TIBCO-Silicon Valley Bank, followed by Team TWENTY20 and Drops. The points and mountain classifications were also won by TIBCO – Silicon Valley Bank, while Canyon//SRAM took out the young rider’s classification.
Videos of the Week
- As part of our “How to…” series, Laura Winter talks about what to wear while riding. If you are new to the sport or if you just want some helpful ideas, then check out our YouTube channel
- Megan Jastrab shows you how to best use your rollers in another feature of our “How to…” series.
Exclusive from Voxwomen…
- The highlights summary of the Virtual Tour de France is now available to you. Visit our YouTube channel for each stage. The video will include the men’s highlights as well. Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss any of our content!
- We have launched product reviews with Peloton Magazine. Laura Winter had a look at the dhB sports Moda kit. See what she had to say on our YouTube channel.
- Our latest Voxtunes segment features Teniel Campbell, where the double Caribbean champion shares her favourite songs with us. So check out the tunes that she listens to in order to get motivated for training!
- Looking for that perfect ride snack? Ella Harris whips up a fruit loaf. Check out her delicious recipe here
- Did you catch our “How To” section, now featuring on our website? Whether it’s descending, climbing, getting comfortable, or training in winter, we’ve got you covered with our easy and informative guides.
The Voxwomen Podcast
- In our newest podcast Hannah Walker talks to Amy Cure about her experiences in sport, her retirement and her plans for the future.
- You can listen to all our previous podcasts right here!
- In her latest blog, Lauren Kitchen gives some good advice on learning from misfortunes and challenges.
- Leah Kirchmann talks about her experience in a long career in professional cycling.
- Ella Harris has some good advice to young and upcoming cyclist in her latest piece.
Keep updated about upcoming events
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to keep updated on our latest events and announcements, such as Instagram takeovers by pro-riders during the week, and much more!
- All our latest posts are now featured on our homepage, making it easier for you to keep up with our newest content.
This week in cycling history…
- 18 July is Ella Harris’ birthday. She was the first, male or female, Zwift Academy winner to take a victory in a pro race when she won a stage at the Herald Sun Tour in February this year. The New Zealand rider is currently riding for Canyon/SRAM.
Voxwomen Online Shop
- We have very few limited edition 2020 Zwift VoxTour x IRIS Jerseys left! Check out this stylish jersey in our online shop and with you purchase you support Voxwomen, so that we can continue to bring you exciting content on women’s cycling.
- While you’re browsing in our online store, check out the exciting items that are now available. Also, we decided to continue our sale on some items for a little bit longer, so don’t miss this fantastic shopping opportunity!