This is all you need to know from the world of women’s cycling to get your week started: – Drops recently announced the addition of key technical partners to the team, with Cannondale and Le Col joining forces with the squad this season. – Helen Wyman has inked a contract with Experza-Footlogix, as the squad moves its focus to cyclo-cross this season. In addition to forming part of the Belgian team’s roster for 2019, the seasoned British rider will also assume a mentoring role within the team. – The UCI team rankings are out, with the dominant Boels-Dolmans squad once again topping the list. The ranking determines which 15 teams will receive automatic invitations to WorldTour races this year. They include: Boels-Dolmans, Mitchelton-Scott, CCC-Liv, Trek-Segafredo, Sunweb, Canyon-SRAM, WNT-Rotor, Team Virtu, Valcar Cyclance, Movistar, Tibco-Silicon Valley Bank, Parkhotel Valkenburg, Ale Cipollini, FDJ Nouvelle-Aquitaine Futuroscope, and Bigla.
– Sho-Air TWENTY20 has announced its 2019 roster, which includes multi-World Champions and Olympic medalists Jennifer Valente and Chloé Dygert Owen. – WNT-Rotor has released its new kit, which maintains the team’s distinctive look, but is now manufactured by CUORE, the squad’s new performance clothing partner.
It’s been a busy time in cyclocross, with a series of National Championships being held recently. Here’s a run-down of the newest national champions:
- Austria: Nadja Heigl
- Belgium: Sanne Cant
- Britain: Nikki Brammeier
- Croatia: Mia Radotic
- Czech Republic: Pavla Havlikova
- Denmark: Caroline Bohé
- France: Caroline Mani
- Germany: Elisabeth Brandau
- Hungary: Kata Blanka Vas
- Ireland: Lara Gillespie
- Italy: Eva Lechner
- Luxembourg: Christine Majerus
- Netherlands: Lucinda Brand
- Poland: Barbara Borowiecka
- Portugal: Ana Mafalda Sá Santos
- Spain: Aída Nuño Palacio
- Sweden: Ida Erngren
- Switzerland: Jolanda Neff
Meanwhile, at the UCI Track Cycling World Cup event in New Zealand, Annette Edmondson took out the Omnium, New Zealand the Team Pursuit, and China the Team Sprint.
– Elisa Longo Borghini talks about the ups and downs of last season, and life on her new Trek-Segafredo team.
– Check out the latest piece from our new blogger, Audrey Cordon-Ragot, and find out how her new year’s resolution is making a difference to the environment.
– Did you catch last week’s blog from Elena Cecchini, where she provides a glimpse into her preparations for the 2019 season? Or want to find out how Jolien D’hoore plans to find the perfect fit at Boels-Dolmans?
Voxwomen announcements and events
Places for the “Voxwomen Big Week Off” are selling fast! Want to take part in seven action-packed days of social riding, nutritional advice and yoga sessions in the picturesque Spanish countryside? Rocacorba Cycling is hosting this unforgettable experience from October 13th to 20th, but there are only limited places, so purchase yours now from the Voxwomen Online Store.
Shop Voxwomen and insider specials
Why not check out the Voxwomen online store, where you’ll find a great range of quality cycling clothing, and stylish yet practical accessories.